COPING WITH JOB LOSS AS A RESULT OF COVID 19 - Bloomsford Associates
COPING WITH JOB LOSS
Millions of people around the world have lost their jobs, sources of income, or been furloughed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Depending on the circumstances of your unemployment, you may feel betrayed by your employer, powerless over the direction of your life, or blame yourself for some perceived shortcoming or mistake.
Job loss often ranks among the highest in stress on a list of life-altering events such as a death in the family, divorce, and serious illness.
To cope with Job Loss , take the following advice :-
1. Avoid beating yourself up
2. Think of the job loss as the temporary set back
3. Reach out to friends , ex-colleagues and start job hunting
4. Network for new employment
5. Express yourself in creativity - Start writing , learn a new skill e.g photography, blogging , tailoring ,etc
6. Stay close to family and friends that mature and emotionally strong
7. Exercise , read , watch a movie , listen to music , be active and never be alone always
8. Eat healthy and dont start a bad drinking habit
In job losses , there is a silver lining to give you a chance to reflect on what you want out of life and rethink your career and life priorities.
P.S - Stay safe , slow the spread and follow all health protocols